Monday 8 September 2008

A day at the snow






It was Father's Day this weekend, and as last year, we found ourselves down at Ruapehu in the snow. Glorious weather, sunny all day, and clear enough to see all the way to Mt.Taranaki in the distance. Didn't get to do any skiing because the upgrade lesson would have left little time to enjoy much skiing when it had finished. So the kids were content to boogie board and dig a snow cave (Kieran - digging again!!).

We all caught the sun, had a great day, and found ourselves very stiff with the addition of some bruises! I had to be really careful with my knee, but the gym work seems to be paying off. I could feel it pulling if I tried too much, but generally it was fine.

I got the record for the furthest slide on the boogie board, going down the steep slope laying belly down on the board - I overshot the slope, past the snow retaining wall, continued on and finished by the 4th cliff danger marker, just before an 80 foot drop down to the Happy Valley slopes hahahahaha. I was in control though, it was excellent fun, but slightly painful! No wonder my ribs were hurting after the bashing I took going over the ridges and bumps.

We all had a great time though, huge laugh, kids enjoyed it even though it is a long and tiring journey down there.

No comments: