Monday 9 November 2009

The difference in ham radio NZ style v UK

Listening to some old guys talking on the local FM repeater channel today. I was just driving along, listening to them natter about all and sundry. Then one of them comes out with the news that he was actually sat in his tractor waiting for the butcher to come and kill a few beasts.  Then he proceeded to go in to great detail about offal pits etc. i was laughing my head off, although I felt a bit for the poor beasts about to meet their fate. I chatted to him later on and he told me that the butchers had arrived and were doing their work, accompanied by the sounds of saws in the background. I was a bit shocked but still had to laugh as I honestly don’t believe something like this would happen in UK amateur radio circles!!

No comments: